Mr. Frank's Clarified Butter
1. Melt down 1 – 2 lbs of unsalted butter in a saucepan.
2. Add 6-8 shakes of Mr. Frank’s Original Seasoning, along with several (3-4 or to preferred taste) dashes of Maggi®.
3. Heat gently until butter comes to a soft boil.
4. Let butter cook at a soft boil for 30 min, skimming the white foam off of the top and gently stirring seasoning and solids at the bottom of the pan.
5. Once the foam has stopped, remove from the heat and strain the solids from the butter using a cheesecloth or coffee filter.
6. The solids will turn a golden brown, giving the butter a delicious flavor, which once strained will be perfect for cooking with, dipping your crab or lobster into, or brushing onto your steaks when grilling.
MAGGI® is a registered trademark of Sociètè des Produits Nestlè S.A., Vevey, Switzerland.